Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A little self confidence this morning!

A thought on beauty….
In this world where women are suddenly bursting out into their sexuality,  and when I mean bursting I mean bursting! If anyone saw the recent musical awards show, I refer to Niki Minaj’s skit, and the one done by Beyonce.  One ponders the correlation between beauty and sexuality.
Honestly, I think anyone can be sexy. It is a matter of how you present yourself, your level of confidence, and your desire to convey a certain message.  It is also highly a matter of people’s preference.  That being said, I can see a certain level of beauty in all people.
So, what is it that I am looking at, that most over look? It is simple. While others are typically looking at aesthetics, I am looking at the whole picture. That is, mannerisms, the way a person speaks, their level of confidence, and also their level of competence. To me, there is nothing more unattractive than a person that behaves and is, willfully ignorant. If you are close minded, unwilling to learn, stagnant, then I can read it in everything you do.

Now, let’s consider how these days, a plus size woman, if she is confident, can put on a corset and heels and rock that look with a level of poise that could put shame to super models on a runway. So then, why is there all this pressure to lose weight? Society seems to have this misconception that the size of your waist equals the value of you. That is why, although I know I am not at the size I want, I understand that what others may find appealing in me is their own affair. The biggest, most important thing is what I find appealing about ME. So let’s try this exercise.
Look in the mirror.
Go on look! Look at yourself for at least thirty seconds; take in your facial features, better if you have a full mirror, look at your whole body if you can.  Then look back at this.
Tell me, what is it about you that separate you from the crowd?  Oh everyone has a defining mark. Something about them that is very unique.
I think I have nice eyes.  I think I have an adaptable personality. Though I wish I was more outgoing and a better listener. These things I can improve and to me, ads to my appeal.
Do you get it yet?
Beauty is not the size of your pants, the shape of your rear, the poise of your breasts. Its that nifty part of you that says “I am me, and I am proud”.  Whether it manifests in the tone of your voice, the way you move your hands, or how you engage others.  It is there. You just need to see it.
Now look back in the mirror.  Are you happy? Don’t think about what others may think! I think in a short amount of time I have learned that people don’t care. No really they don’t care to really judge you like you think.  Everyone judges, but don’t agonize on it. Just focus on expressing yourself in a way that is respectful but genuine.
Do that, and all the beauty in all the world is yours.

You’re gorgeous honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment