Sunday, August 3, 2014

Taste my words

Here for you I am giving up another poem. The power to overcome the ridicule and angst that may have assaulted you for years comes from really and truly digging deep. You remember YOU. You must love YOU. In all your  gorgeous perfections and imperfections. For there is something to love in imperfection. It is unique, it is personal. It is, your claim to identity.

Taste my words!

I feel it inside myself
That tender yearning for something gentle, sensual, and real
For a love everlasting
And perhaps it is more than that…
When I search for that thing inside that is whole and beautiful, that thing that is so much me and yet..
And yet, so far out there…
Disjointed, disconnected,  feeling a since of detachment that starts somewhere from the center and spirals outward
Still… If I silence my mind and lay silent
Yes silent
Devoid of cell phones, media, or the loud loud ringing of another person’s voice violating my ears
If I assault my heart, rifle through its treasures can I find it?
I want to say yes
To no longer look at that question mark in the mirror
To smile and nod and kiss the roundness of my eyes
To stroke the softness of my hair to feel
To feel…
Love
I hug my pillow, and mutter my prayers
My undying devotions to hope
I settle in the warmth of my own soul and there
I sleep



No comments:

Post a Comment