Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Nothing fake here...

I often talk about love...
Lack there of, or presence of for example. I often talk about love for self as well.
What happens when someone challenges your self love, and you find your foundations are weak? I was openly criticized for being two faced, but this happens when I try to actively express my opinions.
I have not perfected the art.
So I have had it reiterated through events in my life that it takes much strength to be yourself. It takes tremendous courage to express your opinions. To understand that people will not agree with you or argue with you just for the sake of not being wrong. To understand that you may be the one that is wrong truly takes self confidence.
So anyway, of the art of expressing opinions... I think it was best put to me this way. "You can't determine what people will think of you. You can't predict how they will react. " But I and several others I am sure, do the predicting anyway. Why make it such a big thing? Why agonize when reactions will just happen anyway?
Hmm... then I suppose the merit in conveying your opinion honestly, at risk of being called two faced *insert expletive here*, is that you are being true to you. Loving yourself by not denying your feelings.
It takes a brave soul.
But it has merit.


No comments:

Post a Comment