Sunday, November 16, 2014

I don't do rational

The most interesting lesson I've learned this life is this...
No one is going to put themselves out to make me happy.
This is interesting, because while this lesson has been internalized in me for the last couple of years, I was never able to find the words to make it... well... solid and rational. I owe a great deal of thanks to a female artist who happens to write songs that I feel. This is profound because I never much loved rap. Nope, but she's made songs that I have actually bought, and enjoy. Her name is Temper, and I'll throw a link for you, if you are reading this and are into music do check her out. https://www.youtube.com/user/Temper3k9
I follow what speaks to me. This speaks to me. Anyway, she said in one of her Q and As.. this would be on another channel she has.. she said "DO you know anyone who will risk their own happiness just to make you happy? It's not going to happen."
It makes so much sense.
No one is going to do that. I've learned over time that no one wants the responsibility to make you happy. Now there may be some that are willing to take on a partial role in it, but you are pretty much alone. I know, it's kind of disheartening. Especially for those of us who are sensitive and still hold out this irrational hope that someday a love all powerful will come and truly change the world..
On the other side of that though, it's kind of empowering. If we allow ourselves to digest the fact that the soul mate ideology is a myth, we can see life for what it is. It is a learning experience. We can see love for what it is, what it is not, and what it CAN be... We can see our mistakes in love as growing opportunities. Through loving others, we are made aware of the flaws, and the strengths within ourselves.
You don't have to love everyone you date, but you can keep your heart open for the kind of love that is lasting.
Let us focus on that.
While we are focusing on that, let's never forget the love we have for self. It is self who is responsible for the care and feeding of self. Once you are an adult, you are thrust into the world and it is sink or swim honey. So... swim, and really and truly understand what it means to love self. First rule just say it.
"I am worthy of love"
Go ahead and say it. Say this too..
"I am good enough to be loved. "
Now, digest those words, every day. Regardless of what relationship you are in, regardless of what other people think or feel toward you. Focus truly on you.
I know it's hard, but nothing worth doing is easy.  Write it down if you need to, say it over and over until you can feel it. Go  through your past hurts and understand that people hurting cause hurt in you, but it is up to you how you internalize it. Never let another person's opinion of you reflect on how you view yourself. You are the creator of your own universe. Only you see from your own eyes, hear from your own ears, and hear from your own skin. See, feel, be, and love you.
Go back if you have to. Pick yourself up from the darkness and understand that weaknesses are only weaknesses if YOU view them to be. Everyone has lessons to learn, and no one is carved from gold.
You are however, made up of flesh, bone, and spirit. Like everyone else on this planet. JUST like everyone else. There is no one better than you. No one less than you. Ingest this knowledge, internalize it. Make it your own.

The light in me acknowledges the light in you...
-Orhea the Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment