Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Suffocated, isolated, and left to die alone
There’s nothing more that needs saying when pain is all my own
A figment of my sneaky mind, out to get my brain
And confuse and use and twist the truths to heed this nasty thing
It grows inside of me with nagging, selfish, queasy guilt
Torn open with a serrated edge, ripped at the seams
My blood spills on the floor, ingraining in the wood
Save but a tiny pints worth, to revive the damned
And break free from the tight vise that wraps around my heart
For cold and dark is a lonely place
And I would find a portal to escape
But fear is a binding thing, which has but one cure
The cure is in the facing
If I can start embracing
All there is.
Then I can leave behind the past and move forward into the sun
No longer hindered by doubt and self-ridicule
No longer angry
No longer sad
No longer alone

There is no shame in falling. It happens from time to time... you can do nothing but let yourself cry, cleanse your soul.. then arise. Never forget to allow yourself the chance to get back up. Your strength is in your ability to accept your weaknesses, and move on..
Love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment